Deputy Secretary Censky Leads Trade Mission to West Africa
Washington, October 25, 2019 – U.S. Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Stephen Censky will lead a trade mission to West Africa, October 28-31, to help United States exporters unlock new opportunities in a region where strong economic growth is driving demand for imported food and farm products.
“At USDA we are working to sell the bounty of American agriculture. West Africa is a bright spot with a growing middle class that are hungry for our delicious and wholesome agriculture products,” said Deputy Secretary Censky. “Through this trade mission and other efforts, USDA is proud to support President Trump’s Prosper Africa initiative, which is seeking to boost two-way trade and investment between the United States and Africa. Prosper Africa brings together the full range of U.S. government resources to connect U.S. and African businesses with new buyers, suppliers, and investment opportunities – a win for the United States and for countries across the African continent.”
The mission will be based in Accra, Ghana, and will also include buyer delegations from Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Nigeria, and Senegal. Following the trade mission, Deputy Secretary Censky will hold a press call back to U.S. media. More info including RSVP info for press is at the bottom of this release.
Deputy Secretary Censky will be joined by Nebraska Department of Agriculture Director Steve Wellman, North Dakota Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring, officials from the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and representatives from the following companies and organizations:
- AFRO Plus Logistics, Bear, Delaware
- American Premier Meat, Connersville, Indiana
- American Soybean Association/World Initiative for Soy in Human Health, St. Louis, Missouri
- Anna Carter’s The Seed Lady, Los Angeles, California
- Archer Daniels Midland Company, Chicago, Illinois
- Berkeley Capital Group, Inc, New York, New York
- Crown Products, Inc, Metairie, Louisiana
- CTB, Inc., Milford, Indiana
- DAUUS Company, Bloomington, Minnesota
- East West International Group, Inc, Moreland, Ohio
- Fobrose Group, Houston, Texas
- Geotan Enterprises, LLC, Humble, Texas
- Ghantex Holdings Limited, Houston, Texas
- Global Export Marketing Co. Ltd., New York, New York
- Green Plains Inc., Omaha, Nebraska
- Growth Energy, Washington, D.C.
- Hills Harvest, College Park, Maryland
- International Feed Corporation, Excelsior, Minnesota
- I.P.P International, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- JBR International Trade Group, Inc., DuPont, Washington
- Livestock Exporters Association of the USA, Chicago, Illinois
- Marquis Energy, Hennepin, Illinois
- Mariani Packing Company, Vacaville, California
- National Swine Registry, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Neil Jones Food Company, Vancouver, Washington
- North Star Food Trading LLC, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Now International, Bloomingdale, Illinois
- Oakmont & Associates, Addison, Texas
- Perdue Foods, Salisbury, Maryland
- Steel City Global Trading, LLC, Enterprise, Alabama
- St. Louis African Chamber of Commerce, St. Louis, Missouri
- Tam Global Consultants, Portland, Oregon
- Tomex Foods, Inc. Lombard, Illinois
- Triad Fisheries Ltd, Portland, Oregon
- U.S. Livestock Genetics Export, Inc., Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
- U.S. Grains Council, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Soybean Export Council, Chesterfield, Missouri
- U.S. Wheat Associates, Arlington, Virginia
- United Source One, Belcamp, Maryland
- Virginia Natural Beef Inc., Lexington, Virginia
- Wakava Food and Beverage, LLC, St. Louis, Missouri
- Wygold LLC, Woodland, California
Deputy Secretary Censky to Hold Press Call Regarding USDA’s Trade Mission to West Africa
U.S. Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Stephen Censky will hold an off-camera, on-the-record briefing regarding details of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Agriculture Trade Mission to West Africa Wednesday, October 30. The briefing will be conducted via conference call beginning at 1 p.m. ET, and the information will be embargoed until the conclusion of the call. The number of lines are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis, so please limit to one per outlet.
*NOTE: You must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, October 29 at 5 p.m. ET to receive the dial in information for this call. The number of lines are limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis – please limit to one per outlet.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.