FAS Administrator Whitley to Lead Philippines Trade Mission
WASHINGTON, July 13, 2022 – Foreign Agricultural Service Administrator Daniel Whitley will lead a delegation of representatives from 29 U.S. agribusinesses and farm organizations to Manila, Philippines, July 18-21 for a U.S. Department of Agriculture-sponsored trade mission. The Philippines is the eighth-largest market for U.S. agricultural exports, averaging $3.1 billion annually during the last five years.
“The Philippines is an excellent market for U.S. farm and food products, and we look forward to introducing a diverse group of companies and organizations to new export opportunities there,” Whitley said. “U.S. brands sell very well in the Philippines, where consumers regard our products as safe, reliable and of good quality. The United States has enjoyed a long and prosperous trading relationship with the Philippines and this mission is an ideal opportunity to further expand our exports there.”
Participants will engage directly with potential buyers, receive in-depth market briefs from FAS and industry trade experts, and participate in site visits.
In addition to representatives from the following companies and organizations, Whitley will be joined by Minnesota Department of Agriculture Commissioner Thom Petersen, Nebraska Department of Agriculture Director Steve Wellman, South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources Secretary Hunter Roberts and Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry Matthew Lohr, as well as officials from the California, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, North Dakota and Wisconsin departments of agriculture and the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture.
- Blue River Trading Company, LLC, West Allis, Wisc.
- California Blueberry Commission, Clovis, Calif.
- California Milk Advisory Board, Tracy, Calif.
- East-West International Group, Inc., Moreland Hills, Ohio
- Flying Horse Services, Inc., Arcadia, Calif.
- Food Export Association of the Midwest USA, Chicago, Ill.
- Food Export USA - Northeast, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Global Processing, Kanawha, Iowa
- Globex International, Atlanta, Ga.
- Groceries USA, New York, N.Y.
- High Desert Milk, Inc., Burley, Idaho
- Intervision Foods, Atlanta, Ga.
- Kizable LLC, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Lamex Foods, Bloomington, Minn.
- Lee Spirits, Monument, Colo.
- MEM Fairway, Inc., Irvine, Calif.
- Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council, Burnsville, Minn.
- Minnesota Soybean Growers Association, Mankato, Minn.
- Minnesota Wheat Research & Promotion Council, Red Lake Falls, Minn.
- Mirasco, Atlanta, Ga.
- National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa
- Redwood International, Irvine, Calif.
- Seneca Foods Corporation, Lake Elmo, Minn.
- Specialty Soya and Grains Alliance, Mankato, Minn.
- Tedford/Tellico, Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.
- U.S. Dairy Export Council, Arlington, Va.
- U.S. Grains Council, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Livestock Genetics Export, Inc., Mount Horeb, Wisc.
- U.S. Soybean Export Council, Chesterfield, Mo.