Freight Indication Request TAJIKISTAN Food For Progress, - Bagged Wheat Seed
Date October 28, 2003
Panalpina, Inc., Project Division on behalf of the Embassy of the Republic of Tajikistan, hereby requests freight indications for U.S. flag and non-U.S. flag vessels as follows:
Indications to be received by 1100 Hrs. Washington DC on October 30, 2003
1. Shipper: Embassy of The Republic of Tajikistan on behalf of the Government of Tajikistan
2. Agent: Panalpina, Inc., Project Division (hereinafter Panalpina)
3. Cargo Description/Weights/Availability/ Load point: a total of 2,000 NMT of bagged wheat seed in 25 kg bags.
Available for loading: December 4-12, 2003
Load Point/ Port: FAS or Intermodal Bridge 1 to 2 safe berth US Gulf ports Indications must name carriers preferred load port.
Discharge/Destination Point: Delivered un-stuffed from carriers conveyance and stacked in receivers warehouse in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
CONTAINER CARRIERS WILL BE CONSIDERED BASIS DELIVERY TO THE NAMED DESTINATION BASIS STACKED IN RECEIVERS WAREHOUSE.
4. Load Terms: Full liner terms all inclusive, no demurrage, no dispatch, no detention both ends.
A) i) FAS Vessel Named Port of Loading: Cargo is to be delivered to the carrier at first point of rest within a USDA approved transport terminal within the commercial limits of the named port of loading free of wharfage assessed against the cargo by the governing port authority and/or receiving terminal. The Carrier is to nominate the transport terminal in writing within 3 business days after the carrier has received written notification from the shipper or its agent that all subjects on booking have been lifted. Carrier is to be liable for all costs incurred due to the failure to provide this information. The transport terminal can be a freight station, container terminal, or yard, a multipurpose cargo terminal, along side the vessel on the quay at the FAS port or any similar receiving point. Carrier is responsible for the cargo so delivered and shall load the said cargo on board the ocean going performing vessel at carriers risk, time and expense. If carrier will be containerizing said cargo, than carrier will arrange to stuff the cargo in carriers containers and load said stuffed containers on board ocean going performing vessel at carriers risk, time and expense.
A) ii) Intermodal Bridge (As designated by letter B preceding point of origin ) Carrier is to provide the exact location for delivery at the named bridge point where cargo is to be delivered to the carrier on rail cars, trucks or carrier supplied conveyance at the named bridge point. Carriers shall be responsible for the transportation expenses incurred to move the cargo to a USDA approved U.S. port of export and all charges incurred to load the ocean-going vessel. If trucks are to be used to transport the cargo to bridge point, then the freight tender must provide the information.
5. Discharge/Delivery Terms: At destination point: cargo to be delivered, unloaded from carriers conveyance and stacked on floor of receivers warehouse in Dushanbe Metropolitan area, at carriers risk time and expense. No Demurrage, No Despatch, No Detention will apply on any containers, trucks and or rail wagons. Warehouse location to be within a 25 kilometer from the city.
6. Other required information:
a) Vessels itinerary and current position.
b) Carriers are to submit their freight rates giving a breakdown for US Inland (if applicable), ocean freight, and foreign inland freight charges. Fumigation is required, carriers to state that in the freight break down.
c) Full particulars on intended routing from load point to final destination including port of embarkation from USA, any relay point of transshipment, port of discharge and inland routing to destinations. Shipper will require carrier to state name and point of contact of their inland freight contractor, 96 hours prior to shipment being loaded. This is of extreme importance to coordinate cargo delivery at destination.
d) ETS load port, estimated transit time from load port to discharge port, and estimated transit time from discharge port to final destination must be provided.
7. Indications to be submitted via fax 202/659-2830 or delivered to Panalpina, Inc.,
Project Division, 1100 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 520, Washington, DC 20036-4101.
8. Carriers shall include all actual and anticipated war risk insurance premiums in their offered rate(s). Owner bears the risk of any increase in war risk insurance premiums.
9. At discharge port and upon inspection by Governments inspectors, if cargo
and/or vessel is found to be infested and provided clean bills of lading were issued, fumigation cost, if any, are for owners account.
10. 2.5 % commission maximum. 2.5 % to Panalpina if offered direct. If owners offer through a broker, then 2/3 of 2.5 % to Panalpina and 1/3 of 2.5 % to owners broker.
For further information, call Panalpina 202/659-2825.