Under Secretary McKinney to Lead Japan Trade Mission
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 720-7115
WASHINGTON, June 8, 2018 – U.S. Department of Agriculture Under Secretary for Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs Ted McKinney will lead a trade mission to Japan June 11-15, joined by numerous U.S. business and state government leaders seeking to expand export opportunities for U.S. food and agricultural products.
“Japan is already a top market for U.S. farm and food products, but there are many new opportunities still waiting to be tapped there,” McKinney said. “Japan is an import-dependent economy and its 130 million consumers have a real affinity for U.S. food products because of their quality, affordability and safety. I’m eager to return to Japan and continue exploring all the ways we can grow U.S. agricultural exports there.”
Participants include leaders from the local departments of agriculture of American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah, Washington and Oregon, as well as representatives from the following companies and organizations:
- Alltech, Nicholasville, Ky.
- All Berry And Fruits, Portland, Ore.
- American Commodity Company, LLC, Williams, Calif.
- American Paint Horse Association, Fort Worth, Texas
- American Specialty Foods, Houston, Texas
- Amy’s Kitchen, Petaluma, Calif.
- Anderson Northwest, LLC, Valleyford, Wash.
- Big Island Organics, Inc., Burbank, Calif.
- Blue Diamond Growers, Modesto, Calif.
- Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc., Milwaukie, Ore.
- Broadway Morris Trade Company, Tacoma, Wash.
- CHS Inc., Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
- Clarkson Grain Company, Cerro Gordo, Ill.
- Dayka+Hackett LLC, Reedley, Calif.
- Glanbia Nutritionals, Twin Falls, Idaho
- Golden Valley Natural, Shelley, Idaho.
- Great Pacific Nut Co., Westley, Calif.
- Green Plains Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Aloha Hibiscus Corporation, Honolulu, Hawaii
- House Spirits Distillery, Portland, Ore.
- International Market Brands, Kirkland, Wash.
- Karmalize.Me, Hillsdale, N.J.
- Kona Naturals Coffee, Holualoa, Hawaii
- Lakeview Energy, LLC, Nashville, Tenn.
- Los Poblanos, LLC, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Marquis Energy, LLC, Hennepin, Ill.
- Neptune Seafood, Inc., Tacoma, Wash.
- Oregon Cherry Growers, Salem, Ore.
- Outpost Global Trading Co., Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Pacific Valley Foods, Bellevue, Wash.
- Pearl Crop, Inc., Stockton, Calif.
- Phelps Creek Vineyards, Hood River, Ore.
- Pure Steeps Beverage, LLC, Anaheim, Calif.
- Redwood Trading Group, LLC, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Santa Fe Spirits, Sante Fe, N.M.
- Shaka Tea, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sweet Street Desserts, Reading, Pa.
- SuperValu, Tacoma, Wash.
- Taylor Brothers Farms, Inc., Yuba City, Calif.
- That Crazy Bee Guy!, Springfield, Ohio
- Traverse City Whiskey Co., Traverse City, Mich.
- United Dairy Ingredients Group, LLC, Montebello, Calif.
- United Dairymen of Arizona, Tempe, Ariz.
- USA Rice, Arlington, Va.
- U.S. Grains Council, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Soybean Export Council, Chesterfield, Mo.
- Western United States Agricultural Trade Association, Vancouver, Wash.
- Whistling Andy Distilling, Bigfork, Mont.
Learn more about the mission by visiting https://www.fas.usda.gov/topics/japan-june-2018 and by following the Foreign Agricultural Service on Twitter at @USDAForeignAg.
NOTE TO REPORTERS:
Under Secretary McKinney will hold a teleconference to discuss his trip with U.S. media on Tuesday, June 12 at 5 p.m., EDT. Reporters wishing to participate must RSVP to email@example.com by 2 p.m. on Monday, June 11.
USDA is an equal opportunity lender, provider and employer.