Accepting Applications for 2016 Cocoa Fellowships for Asia
USDA, in cooperation with the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF), is now accepting applications from candidates in three Asian countries for 2016 Cocoa Borlaug Fellowships. The FAS Global Cocoa Initiative, under the auspices of the Borlaug Fellowship Program, provides fellows with skills and knowledge to help their countries become more competitive in producing and exporting cocoa and cocoa products. Fellows will work with a mentor at a U.S. university, research center or government agency for up to three months. The U.S. mentor will later visit the fellow’s home institution to continue collaboration.
Eligible Countries: India, Indonesia and Malaysia
Targeted Research Areas:
- Cocoa genetics and breeding
- Plant propagation methods
- Diseases – plant pathology, control methods – particularly for vascular streak dieback and black pod
- Pests – entomology, control methods – particularly for cocoa pod borer and mirids
- Soil fertility and plant nutrition
Application Deadline: September 30, 2015
Visit the Borlaug Fellowship Program page to learn more about the program and to apply online.