Venezuela: Venezuelan Agricultural Imports Reach 3 Billion Dollars in 2022
In calendar year 2022, Venezuelan agricultural imports grew by 20 percent to $3 billion, driven by an estimated 8 percent economic growth and recovering consumer demand. Agricultural imports from the United States totaled $809 million in 2022, up 28 percent compared to 2021. The market for agricultural exports to Venezuela has grown by 360 percent since 2019 for U.S. agricultural exports. The United States is one of the largest exporters of agricultural products to Venezuela with 27 percent of the market, second only to Brazil. In 2022, the most exported U.S. products to Venezuela were soybean meal, corn, wheat, soybean oil, and consumer products.