search engine quickly and easily puts information at your fingertips. The engine allows you to choose just how broad, or narrow, you would like your search to be. The search incorporates relevant content from FAS, and optionally, from all USDA agency and office sites into your results.
Enter your keywords and phrases in the Search text box. Press the "Go" button to find items on www.fas.usda.gov. Check the "Search All USDA" checkbox to include results from all USDA agencies and offices.
Special Query Terms:
- Include Query Term - Place a "+" sign before an essential word to include it within all search results (eg: animal +health).
- Exclude Query Term - Place a "-" sign before a term that you want to exclude from the search results (eg: imports -dairy).
- Phrase Search - Search for complete phrases by enclosing them in quotation marks or connecting them with hyphens (eg: "export sales reports").
- Boolean OR Search - Use an uppercase OR between terms to retrieve information that contains either word A or word B (eg: corn OR soybeans).
- Title Search - Place "intitle:" in front of a query term to restrict results to documents containing that word in the title (eg: intitle:FAS).
- Title Search (all) - Initiate search terms by "allintitle:" to restrict results to those with all of the query words in the title (eg: allintitle: food safety).
- URL Search (term) - Place "inurl:" before a query term to restrict the results to documents containing that word in the result URL (eg: inurl:USDA).
- URL Search (all) - Initiate search terms by "allinurl:" to restrict the results to those with all of the query words in the result URL (eg: allinurl:USDA gov).